Saturday 29 August 2015

An Experience

 


                                                                                                          Mesmerized, speechless, motionless, I  was standing like a tiny insect with wide-open eyes; ready to gobble a big feast. The vast expansion of the sea in front of me diminished the height of my ego and dwarfed the physical existence to which I cling desperately with the big words like Existentialism, Feminism, and Marxism and so on.  The same feeling of emptiness, I had experienced while watching the great heights of the Himalayas, standing on the frozen Changu Lake.  Eyes fixed on the waves, ears glued to the sound of the water; I stood meditating on the ocean, one of the five elements – akasa, water, air, light and earth-  elements of life.  The whole essence of life was unveiling at that moment. It seemed, I could immerse into water, air, and light, and become one with it - if my entity surrendered. I tried to do it, but consciousness was not letting me go free with all its vicious desires and bindings.  For several minutes, I was intently watching the beautiful visuals the sea offered.  Big and small waves with glistening streaks of sun light were coming and going continuously in succession. I meditated on the visual beauty for some time and absorbed it and felt enriched. I stepped into the water: the waves came, embraced and tried to pull me in. Each wave was different; each time the wave touched - I felt I was a different person. As there was no one between me and the sea, it was possible to connect with the divine beauty and sound of the sea.
     I shut my eyes and started meditating on the sound.  Oh!  It was fearsome and  affected my psyche and proved my existence a zero. The sound seemed emerging powerful each second and with each ripple it was playing its music .  At that moment, I realized the relationship between nature and music. Nature composes its divine music – Music of the valley, music of the mountains, music of water- all is significantly beautiful and different. Nature is a great teacher and philosopher.  The visual and audible experiences and perceptions  gave me totally different insights of divine nature. 



No comments: